It’s that time of the year! Once the holiday shopping is done and the halls are decked, it comes time to sit down to the holiday feasts. One of the most popular questions I get asked about during this time of year is how to handle the feelings of guilt for breaking diets or overeating. To ensure that you enjoy the holidays, there are the do’s and don’ts of sitting down to your holiday feast(s):
- Enjoy Yourself. Christmas comes once a year, it is okay to indulge from time to time.
- Plan. With all the festivities, the holidays can be busy. Plan to eat regular meals and to make them healthy. This will help precent cravings and overeating.
- Be Honest With Yourself. Be honest with yourself about what you are eating
- Try to Have Veggies With Each Meal
- Stay Hydrated
- Feel Guilty. Don’t guilt yourself for what you have eaten.
- Punish Yourself. Having food guilt never leads to any thing good. Learn to accept what has happened and move on.
- Follow String Rules. Don’t be strict what you allow yourself to eat. Enjoy the holidays!
The holidays are a time for us to enjoy ourself and to spend that time with those whom we love. Don’t let the season be ruined because you regret having a few too many pieces of cake.