This is one of my favorite things to throw together. It’s one of those things that you can prep on Sunday, throw in the freezer, and then cook on Thursday.
- 2 Cups Wild or Brown Rice
- 2 Medium Carrots peeled and julienned
- 3 Celery stalks, washed and diced
- 4-5 Mushrooms, washed and diced
- 1/2 Red Peper diced
- 1/2 Onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Green Beans cut up
- 1/2 cup Broccoli
- 1Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 2Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed
- Start by boiling 3.5 cups of water. Once the water is boiling, add the 2 cups of rice and stir so that it does not clump together. Reduce to medium heat and cover the rice. This will take about 45-55 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, dice up your onion, garlic, and other veggies.
- In a medium sauce pan with a bit of oil add the garlic and onion. (start this 40mins after you started the rice so the veggies don’t get mushy)
- When the onion starts to appear transparent, add the carrots and mushrooms and ginger
- When the carrots start to soften, add the broccoli and peppers.
- Once the rice is done add it to the saucepan along with the soy sauce.
- Mix everything together and remove from heat
- Serve and enjoy!